· The 6 cheek has a 2-1/2 purchase and a 3-1/2 shank
· This ratio (the difference in the length of the purchase and shank) and the swept-back design of the shank make this a mild cheek
· Contact with the horse’s mouth comes slowly in the form of soft pressure to all points of contact
· The main point of contact is the corners of the mouth, which is a familiar spot from the O Ring
· This bit may also be used with a training fork or martingale to encourage collection and poll control
· The mouthpiece is inlaid with copper to stimulate salivation
· The mouthpiece is 5-1/8 wide, 3/8 in diameter, and curved to shape to the corner of the mouth for soft, evenly distributed pressure to the bars, tongue, and corners of the mouth.